Hi there 🙂 Recently my bestie and I were wandering through Michael’s, and found a bag of steampunk themed buttons at a great price. There were so many, that we split them up, and both of us have a ton. We have found some amazing deals in areas of the store other than the cardmaking department! It’s been so long since I’ve done a steampunk project, that I had to dive right in!! I found this image from Holly Durr (Durrmaid Art on Facebook). Although I don’t see this particular image available, I’m drooling over some of her other work! I colored this up with my Copics, then added a bit of ink blending, and some script stamping in the background, before distressing the edges.
I took a few of the design papers from a steampunk botanical pack that I have and started layering things up. I inked some of the edges with Distress ink, using a gear die cut as a stencil in some places, added some rub-on (!!!!) corner designs, and distressed a few of the edges of the black mats. After getting everything all assembled, I added some of the embellishments that inspired the whole project.
I’d like to enter this in the following:
Dream Valley Challenges – #289 Things With Wings
C.R.A.F.T. Challenge – #671 Female
A Perfect Time to Craft – #3 March ATG
Crafts Galore Encore – #109 ATG
Digi Choosday – Week 10 ATG